Saturday, April 23, 2011

First Model

danielle
I began to photograph Danielle when she was about 8 years old, and I was in Introduction to Photography at NKU. She, her friends, and my other nieces became my primary models for the next couple of years.

Regrettably, I stopped photographing her for most of her teen years. I missed a lot of changes in my break from photography, but with the new camera, I'm really looking forward to a revitalization of my passion for images.

Danielle is 18 this year, and has begun a collection of tattoos.

I hope to work in portraits again, to go back to the form of photography I loved so much as an undergrad.

I plan to continue the work I started as an undergrad with bodies, and I'm looking at doing a series on the way our bodies change over time, and the way scars mark us.

No comments: