Monday, April 18, 2011

T

devotion.jpg
devotion.jpg
Originally uploaded by nicciwashere

In 2005, I met a lot of good people. One of the most giving I know has been in critical care for a couple of weeks. She's been stable for about a week, and has a few hard surgeries ahead of her. Her body is changing every day from the trauma of surgery and recovery in tiny little steps. She is surrounded by loved ones, and people who can't be there think of her and her partner. I'm thinking of them now. I decided to post a photo of them (my favorite in the series) so that you can think of them too.

Thinking about her has made me consider bodies and how we live in them. How they change with us and we with them. How people I know have survived treatments, scars, trauma, love, decades, and how they're marked.

I think this is a subject worthy of picking up again. I'd like to continue this series. I hope to photograph T again, and for that to happen, she has to recover, which is just a pretty great thing in itself. In hoping to photograph her again, I get to hope for her full recovery, without always bringing up her current situation. I want to focus on the positive, no photo puns intended. I hope you will too. Positive energy welcome, be that in the form if lit candles, prayer, smiles, or ass pinches. (Not mine, please.)

1 comment:

Postcard Day said...

Positive thoughts and prayers. I hope you have the opportunity to shoot T again too. Illness and Recovery can change everything... open a lot of doors as well as close doors. I know my own experiences have changed my life in more ways than one. Your a good person Nicci.