Wednesday, August 08, 2007

studio closet @ philloret


studio closet @ philloret
Originally uploaded by anongrrl

today Danielle helped me hang up my postcards, show announcements, and mini art of mine and from friends. i have a bunch of other stuff to go up, but i ran out of mini binder clips. (ohnoes!)

my studio is just beginning to look like it's mine. i have to wait on the rest of my furniture before getting too crazy with the hanging. plus i have to save room for all the framed work which is packed in a bin back in Savannah.

if you'd like, you can check out a close up of the art wall in progress.

7 comments:

Zhenia said...

I'm still waiting to put stuff on the wall in the new art room here. There needs to be some shelving put up and -dayamn!- floating shelves are pricey.

nicci said...

whew i know. i priced some and started laughing until i realized they weren't kidding. and that price was only for ONE shelf.

i hear good things about IKEA, but there isn't one even remotely close to me. i do have a large metal cabinet and some bookshelves showing up at the end of the month when the roomies move up from GA...

i hope it's enough. eek. in the mean time, i cover the walls where i am reasonably sure there will be no shelving.

Zhenia said...

IKEA is pretty awesome because it's so convenient. There isn't one anywhere near me either. *sob* There used to be two near me when I lived in Toronto. There might be a road trip to Minneapolis in my near future; there's an IKEA there.

nicci said...

the great IKEA hunt! we're supposed to get one here in Ohio in spring of 2008.

cry!

my studio needs funiture love now! mostly it need shelving and track lighting.

Zhenia said...

Oh man! 2008! I know that you need furniture now, but I am *so* jealous. IKEA refuses to build one here because there aren't a million people in the vicinity. There's been petitions and everything. Hmph. I can't believe I have to go to Minneapolis for good live shows and assembly-required Swedish furniture.

nicci said...

hehehe. i know. i just want some darn shelves! lol

btw, is there some hidden way to turn on notifications when someone posts to a post in your blog? or do you have to scroll through and hope you notice the numbers have changed?

Zhenia said...

Shelves!

Anywho, if you go into Comments section of Settings and scroll to the bottom, there's a spot for an e-mail address to which Blogger will send comment notification.